11 January 2013

What now?!

Hello again babies!

Things are good, the weather is amazing and I have a quick memory of your Grandpa that I wanted to share with you both....take a walk down memory lane with me, won't you?

I am 9 months pregnant, pretty much ready to pop and it is the middle of AUGUST in South Carolina. Your grandparents have only been here a couple days as we await Aydan's arrival and I am facing another restless and sleepless night. Grandma was already sleeping and I think Daddy had to work. I am sitting in the living room rocking in the blue recliner, which is currently in our garage, hoping to get even a little reprieve from heartburn. Your Grandpa and I are watching 20/20. We don't talk much but it is a great comfort to know that I am not alone. We talk about how different life is, how ready I am to finally hold my little boy and how glad I am they are here to share in this huge moment with me and your Daddy.

That feeling of comfort and peace washes over me again as I type this. Just knowing that my Dad was there with me, keeping me company brings a smile to my face. We didn't talk much, but we didn't need to. I was his baby and he was my dad and he was there. I miss just having him here. I missing knowing that I could walk upstairs and just see him, know that he was there.

Hold tight to the memories you have of the ones you love most. Unfortunately, one day they will be gone and that will be all you have left. I love you both to the moon and back!

XOXO
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment